Thursday, January 31, 2013

When did I stop dancing?

In many shamanic societies, if you came to a medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited, or depressed, they would ask one of four questions:  When did you stop dancing?  When did you stop singing?  When did you stop being enchanted by stories?  When did you stop finding comfort in the sweet territory of silence?       -Gabriel Roth

I saw this quote yesterday and have been thinking about it ever since.  I wonder if I ever started dancing.  Being a mother and grandmother, I know all toddlers dance.  They all do.  So why did I stop? 

I did a yoga class yesterday, then I found a video - Dance Like a Child.  My oldest came over while I was flailing and bouncing.  She immediately asked,  "Mom, what are you doing?"

Dancing like a child.

But today I have been singing.  I feel like dancing.  I feel like doing yoga.  I think I have finally broken through that holiday depression.  I don't know why...Maybe it's because I rescued my two black lambs...

Smiling,  Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment