Tuesday, January 15, 2013

and a mammoth too

Hi Maggie,

Are you recovered from the flu?  How was your first day back in school?

I went for a walk today.  It was clear and crisp and invigorating.  I walked past a swampy area and noticed the downed trees.  I started thinking about that image of downed trees around and sometimes through swamps.  And I realized that swampland is water-logged and soggy.  There is nothing firm for the roots to sink into, cling to.  Kind of made me think about us.  We are sort of adrift and rootless, because we were raised in the swamp.  Then I thought about the willow tree that just rooted in my swamp.  Willows are different.  They thrive in wet areas, and actually dry an area out. 

Just thinking...

And I was thinking about myself.  I can't tell what I seem like to other people.  I wonder if I seem negative.  I can't tell...

In the swamp last night again.  I was digging for ancestral bones and found big, gigantic bones - like a femur, maybe - thick and stout, exceptionally long.  I couldn't get it out, so a mammoth came to help me.  (I swear I couldn't make this up.  It's too weird and illogical but it all seems perfectly normal...)  I heard,  "He was a big man."  I have no idea who I am unearthing, or de-swamping!

Feeling a little headachey. I'm going to bed, and I'm going to pray it's stress and not the flu!  I can't afford any time off.

Sleep well and love from,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment