Friday, January 11, 2013

Sing over the bones

I will also try to enter the swamp in my dreams...
I am not effective at orchestrating my dreams...
or at least remembering ones that I ask for...
I dreamt last night...
but it was a chaotic dream...
that was driven by my viral illness.
I have rested well today...
barely gotten off the couch except to make another cup of tea...
surrounded quietly by my animals...
they come and go...
choosing to watch over me for periods of time...
I love my animals.

I had an interesting discussion with a teenager last Sunday at first Day School.
I am trying to create a board that compares the sacraments/rituals/principles of faith or spiritual traditions to show the commonalities.
We began with Christianity and talked about the sacraments...
the discussion kept coming to heaven and hell.
She asked my opinion of heaven...and I asked her to tall me hers first...
hers was a location, separate from here, but a place of beauty.
She was confused though because she had experienced 'ghosts' in her house and was concerned about their fate.
We talked about heaven as a state of mind...
and conversely hell as a state of mind as well.
I talked to her about energy and changing states of energy and how death is perhaps just a transition to another level...not lost...not gone...but not visible to most human eyes.

I wish I had heard that message from our cousin...
I did not attend his funeral...
I think I was tied up with my medical training at some level and couldn't stop trying to spread health in order to mourn the dead of my own family.

From your dream...
perhaps the animals consuming the bones was a path to rebirth...
everything that we consume becomes incorporated into our body on a cellular level.
What if by unearthing those bones and sharing them with creatures who consumed them you were reanimating them?
I am not sure what significance this has...it's just the imagery that's playing in my mind.
Perhaps we need to sink far enough into that emotion of fear...
totally submerge ourselves and see that it won't consume us...but give us the strength and courage to live life fully...to find heaven on earth.
The book that I read about the woman who survived a stroke said that heaven is just a thought away...
it's found in the right brain...
just waiting patiently for the left brain to give it a turn...
or for us to seek it there by consciously turning off the ego-driven left brain.

So let's sing over the bones that you have found...
I keep coming back to song as my voice and vehicle to wholeness.
I like the image of us singing...
My wise friend told me that she had a vision of me drumming as a path to health and integrity...
I have looked for opportunities to drum and have not uncovered any in my area...except a substance-recovery group that uses drums as part of their program.
Music is the voice of the soul.
I will sing again.

Love and blessings to you,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment