Tuesday, January 1, 2013

balance

I do agree that the majority of time is best spent in joy, peace, tranquility...
my point was that it cannot be exclusively joyful, etc.
there is a necessary balance.
I also was trying to say that by changing our perception of the experience we can come to understand our challenges as growth.

I once wrote...
We're gonna' change the world, one image at a time.
We're gonna' change the way we see it in our mind.
The dualism of light and shadow are a part of everything, everyone...
how we receive it all depends upon perspective.

So daughter #1 asked what our resolutions are for 2013...
they were to be less critical, more flexible, take boxing lessons, live healthier, and to follow through...
each with their own unique challenge for each individual who made them.
So we will see how well we do.
I dislike resolutions...I forget them within a week.
But it is a good exercise for reflection.

One more week until classes begin...my last semester for this Masters.
The girls have one more week at home...
they have established a peaceful coexistence...finally.
I will miss them when they are gone...
but with cell phones they stay connected daily.

Tomorrow I need to take down the tree...
I always do it the kids' first day back at school.
Perhaps I can get the girls to help...
it's harder to put it away than to decorate it...those ornaments and memories will be boxed up for another 11 and a half months.

Have a wonderful day,
Maggie






No comments:

Post a Comment