Tuesday, January 8, 2013

at peace

So that is my new year's resolution...to not allow the road blocks to stop my progress.
It might not be a straight line forward...but it will continue to move...even if I am circling the same issues repeatedly I will be moving along a path.

One of the things that I teach is that stagnation means disease or death.
So we have to keep moving.

I am alone in my house this evening...
except the animals...
It is so quiet.
I am eating left over lentil soup...
and I think this is peace.
The boys are snow boarding and husband has a dinner meeting...
I love time by myself...
it is a rare occurrence...
so when it happens I really appreciate it.

I met my class for this semester...only 7 students and all seem very motivated...
I hope it is a good semester.
I think it will be, I have become quite comfortable with the subject and have read other books on many of the topics that I find fascinating so hopefully I can infuse a little of that excitement into the lectures.
This may be my last semester teaching science...
I don't know what job I will have next fall...so I am going to enjoy it and try to make it my 'own'.

I will check in tomorrow...
I love you,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment