Sunday, January 27, 2013

Healing

Hello,
I was suddenly quite ill again this weekend, once again coughing and in pain from all of the coughing.
I've finally conceded to taking antibiotics...and must admit I do feel better.

The poem speaks volumes to the plight of all in the world...the reality is that no one is left untouched...and still silence persists...shame, isolation and secrecy...our own private hellacious prison.

I love the image of the iceberg...all of us frozen into silence...and yet some of us are melting free...swimming away...the key to this is speaking out in order to create the energy to melt the rest of those frozen souls captured within their own personal prisons. Me Too gives us that energy.

I was teaching the chakras today in First Day School...and spent a good amount of time exploring relationships and respect for earth, self and others with the two boys who were there. That's what we need to do...we need to speak truth to the young members of our communities...teach them the value of their power and that relationship is an equal sharing of power, not one overpowering another.
I am trying to develop a grant proposal for an educational program to teach adolescents about domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking...we need to prevent these from happening and stop waiting to punish those who get caught.

I love the image of the women drumming on their pots and pans...but it took me back to Center Street...back to the neighbors who used to beat pots and pans on New Years Eve but beat their children the rest of the year. I/we turned a blind eye and deaf ear to that pain...feeling discomfort...but believing that this was normal behavior...how sickly we were raised.

I am glad that you feel anger at the lack of apology by our siblings...I am furious that no one acknowledges me or this work that we are sharing...I have received several text messages on holidays from the sisters...I have heard nothing...not a f***ing Christmas or birthday card from the brothers. It is frustrating...it is infuriating...it is sad.

I am going to watch the TED talk that you shared.
I love you.
I am filled with gratitude for you.
Thank you from the depths of my soul.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment