Sunday, January 20, 2013

insights

Thank you...for the words and the images.

I spoke in Meeting today...
I don't speak very often...but I was compelled.
Opening exercises were about paying attention to the small and the large and understanding the interdependence of life...
She read a poem that said something like, I don't know if i know how to pray, but I do know how to pay attention.
I spoke up about the interdependence of humans...that inescapable network of mutuality that you quoted...
that all choices have consequences...
our food choices effect world hunger...
our government policies worsen illegal immigration...
we can choose to resonate with the fear, scarcity and greed frequencies...
or we can choose love, abundance and joy.
I believe that we are choosing joy by speaking out in this forum and through our lives.
We choose not to live in disillusioned silence that consumes our family.
The MLK quotes are incredibly appropriate for our personal journey as well as that of our country.
The skewed perspective...seeing beautiful as ugly and ugly as beautiful slams into my psyche...
how misunderstood our actions are to our family...no one has the courage or the initiative to even read our words...even anonymously they haven't even read our work...it is painful to be misunderstood...but even more painful to think of that level of fear that paralyzes action. We all need to melt into love...to shatter that frozen, paralyzed state and begin to live fully.

Someone in Meeting said that God calls all of us into action against social injustices...
it is the few MLK's of the world who listen and act on the call.
I believe that we have acted after hearing that still small voice...
whether it is during prayer...in dreams of our ancestors...or intuitions...the call is there.

I wanted to share another of the observations from my book...
they wrote about the chakras...and said that everyone is in a rush to get to the highest chakras...to get to the head. They wrote of the importance of the lower chakras..those that connect us to the earth and to each other as being vital for health and stability. The suggested spending more time in the first and second chakras before attempting to journey upward. It is true of my life...I have attempted to bypass the lower chakras...convincing myself that I can proceed along my spiritual path without that connection...I am self-sufficient and trust only myself anyway...what I am missing is that interdependence...that trust...that love of others...I can go nowhere without establishing those qualities and relationships.

I love you...and do trust you as much as I am able to...
Maggie
So sorry about the dog...I am saddened by the loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment