Friday, January 25, 2013

Speechless

That's staggering.

It makes me feel small and ineffectual...

How do we stop the violence?
How do we nurture respect?
How do we establish equality?

Being a white man definitely has privileges...
but not all white men take advantage of others because of those "god-given rights".
Some men are decent and respectful and value all life forms...

How do we teach our sons to love and respect others, particularly women who are part of their lives?

When I was in my meeting the other morning the woman asked me if i considered politics as a career option...I immediately said no...I could support a politician...working behind the scenes...but my ego is too frail to withstand the insults that women politicians are subjected to. That's a sad statement.

So we can pray...and we can lead by example...and we can speak out against this...
what else can we do?

I will think about this...knowing that Me Too is a much larger contingent than anyone imagines.
Until tomorrow...
I love you,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment