Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More ramblings...but with gratitude

Thanks for the love...
I do need it, we all need it.

The main issue of any type of abuse is power differentials...
Who has it and how do they maintain it?
You can see this is personal relationships, in families, in communities, in our schools, in our governments...any movement is about shoring up one's power base...even at the expense of those less powerful.
I really believe that what you said about learning to love is the answer for our deteriorating planet.
Once, and if, we can learn to love and respect others (living and nonliving) we will be able to turn the tide of destruction. If we could just understand that there is an abundance of everything that is truly necessary then we can stop hoarding and fighting over it. Our planet presently produces 2700cal/day for each person alive on it and yet 950 million are hungry...We are killing our young to protect energy sources that are doomed to run dry and leave us environmental cripples in the wake...we protect our gun lobby more than we protect our children...
Even in my Meeting I am disturbed by the amount of energy that is spent on financial matters and who is qualified to be a trustee...but they allow the children to be taught by anyone that has time and is willing...where are our priorities?
I saw a movie that depicted people draining each other's energy and others sharing and amplifying the others' energies...
it's the concept of symbiosis- mutually beneficial, benefiting one without harm to the other, or hurting one for the benefit of the other...where do we, as a species, fit in...mostly parasites...but the tide is shifting...awareness is growing...and that is the beginning of change, real change.

I hear what you are saying about being careful what I wish for...
I used to pray for my 'daark night of the soul' because I knew that it would catalyze real change in me...
I've been walking through a dark night and it has been very difficult...although it is worth the pain.
I've explained my metaphor of God as an inspiring and expiring organism...inspiration pulls me deeply within, nurturing and teaching...expiration sends me forth into the world...cold and definitely not nurturing...well I am on the expiration and I miss that closeness and that warmth...

Enough rambling tonight...
I love you...
Thanks for the words of encouragement...
they are sincerely appreciated,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment