Sunday, January 6, 2013

love is safety

Happy birthday, and welcome to the 50's - you're not a novice anymore.  I have had years of experience, and can tell you - not so bad! How was your day?  I always become introspective on my birthday.  It seems like a good time to think about the last year, the coming year...

And I like the statement that health is a delicate balance.  I think we are on opposite sides of the extremes...but not too very extreme any more.

I understand the worrying thing.  I figured out, while still a child, that the worst things I worried about never happened.  It was the things I never saw coming that were awful.  And so I learned to worry about everything, and in great detail.  It is a way to ward off bad events.  It's also a great way to destroy the adrenal glands.  This uncovering personal patterns, then comparing and discovering they are family patterns is just too weird.  I thought I was the only one with the worry-power.  I thought Grandma just worried.  So this is a shining example of being trapped in the yellow chakra, and having absolutely no faith and refusing to be in the flow of life.

Damn.

I have never seen Les Mis.  But I like the quote.

I watched two documentaries yesterday.  One was Hungry for Change, the other was Vegucated.  Both dealt with the American food culture, and why we are all so unhealthy.  There were two statements that made me stop...then think.  One expert said "Love is safety."  He talked about the way we were taken care of as infants, and how that safety of being taken care of is how we define love.  Then I thought about what I frequently say:  "I never feel safe."  The speaker went on to say that when we are unloved we are excommunicated from the tribe.

The other thing, words that still haunt me..."Failure to succeed is lack of self love."

From a safe point well below the radar, this is Clare signing out for the night.

Love to you on your birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment