Tuesday, January 29, 2013

R*E*S*P*E*C*T!

Let's sing it like Aretha!!!

Thank you for your sympathy.  And you're right.  Ultimately we need to teach respect to both sexes, both for self and for the other.  No man wants to be a rapist.  No woman wants to be a victim.  It's only when we get lost in our own pain, and cease to understand that others are...others exist...others have hopes and dreams and feelings just like we do.  We need to figure out how to stir up the gift of empathy that lies in every soul.  Once we step out of our own pain and confusion, and see someone else, perhaps it is easier to do something else, to be someone else.

My youngest and her ex have to be respectful.  That means no "bad-mouthing" the other, ever, but especially in front of their child.  Ideally, they will establish a friendship.  It's hard, though.  When my marriage ended, I decided that part of me would always love part of him.  I wanted my kids to always know they came from a loving place.  And it has been one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.  It would be so much easier to hate him and to be furious.  But it's not about me.  It's about my kids.

...arriving on a nightmare...my fear for this next granddaughter coming into my life.  May I be a constant, to give her the resilience to be full and alive and loving and courageous.

I think this dream is good.  It shows progress.  First of all, you are traveling.  Secondly, you are powering yourself, the energy and exertion are yours.  And thirdly, you are going home - back to your own heart?  home to yourself?  How do you feel in the dream?  Are you aware of any emotions?  Are you tired?

Still singing,

Clare

...just a little bit, just a little bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment