Sunday, March 23, 2014

To trust; or not to trust

Clare,
Sounds like an interesting weekend.

I have been trying to get ahead on my costuming project. Not a whole lot of time to think.
I wonder if this a one of my distraction maneuvers?
It probably is…
my mind does this to me all the time…
although this project found me…
only time will tell.

So, you've come to the realization that I had in November…
that the key to health is allowing vulnerability, even though being taken advantage of is what caused the dis-ease in the first place. It is tough to let down your guard when you've been kicked many times before, but it is vital to moving forward.
Simple- but never easy.

I have been taught many times to not trust others…
that everyone turns on you eventually, usually when you are no longer useful to them.
It is interesting how disposable everything is in our society presently.
We rarely fix things, just purchase a new one…
it's easier and a lot more fun to get new things…
we are so easily enticed by advertising and obtaining new stuff…or new people.
But, maybe the old relationship still has usefulness.
Maybe the barriers need to be shed and open the possibility of communication and communion.

Our Meeting house had windows broken this weekend. 2 windows were shattered with rocks. Most believe it is a disgruntled man who gets ticketed for parking in the lot illegally. I feel really conflicted about the whole thing. We, peaceful and respectful Quakers, are pushing another human into a violent display of his frustration. I am not sure what is the right thing to do. Do you punish someone for this? Do you, "try what love can do"? Do you turn the other cheek? I keep thinking we should negotiate a parking rate that this man could afford and let him use the lot legally. That seems to be a better alternative to punishment.
Anyway, I've got to get homework underway. I love you, I will check in tomorrow.
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment