Friday, March 14, 2014

Black and white is just easier

Clare,
That was a wonderful examination of self…
Great insights.
It's important to identify where we are so that we can find direction…
we all need direction.

One of the things that stands out is you asking yourself what you gain from withholding forgiveness from yourself…
one of the points I make with people is that everything we do has costs and benefits…
you identified how the withholding costs you…holding you back, stunting your growth.
But it is difficult to focus on how we benefit from it.

Looking at both sides makes us uncomfortable, because we want black and white…
it's easier…

I did evolve through the Catholic faith, didn't I?
I went from Joan of Arc to John of the Cross to Mary Magdelene and the gnostics.
Sometimes I wonder what I was doing all of this time…
I explored many different aspects of faith…
I do understand that I am where I am supposed to be…
and I got here by the right path…
there is no wrong path.

I met with a psychotherapist today who has agreed to supervise/guide me…
I asked him if there was anything I should start reading…
he told me he uses a lot of Buddhist principles…
but we will take it as it comes.
I think I'm going to like this.

I am tired…
so glad it is the weekend.
The girls will both be here this weekend and then they return to school.
I am going to stay close to home and just enjoy all of them.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment