Friday, March 28, 2014

I am trying...

Clare,

Yes, he needs help…
I am not sure that he needs professional help.
I see this adolescent boys coming in, really angry and acting out..
damaging property and themselves in the process…
sometimes hurting others along the way…
OK most of the time they hurt others- like their parent- along the way.
I don't think mine are at that stage..
and the piece that's missing for these boys is a consistent family…
mine have a home, food, love, consistency.
I think it's difficult, but do-able.

I remember being an adolescent…
sitting on the steps just screaming until my throat hurt…
no one even paying attention to me...
I guess I did it too often to be taken seriously.
There was so much going on inside…
just the everyday demands of being an teenager made me frustrated…
add to that our family dynamics…
it volcanoed forth…as you say.

I am trying…
praying for guidance…
asking for assistance…
trusting the universe…
and trying to be patient, kind and loving.

I find myself, holed up in the basement for the past 3 days…
trying to avoid the energy of my house…
neck deep in this costuming project…
knowing all along that this is a haven.
I have delegated to husband…
we talk about it…
he is handling the interactions…

I will be relieved when I look back in 10 years to see how I've survived all of this.
You survived it.
Yet, as I write that I realize you are still pulled every time your kids need something…
I guess it never ends…
only changes its form from time to time.

I have to get back to researching 'self-esteem'

I submitted two articles today for work…
one on Violence and another on Climate change and environmental destruction.
I hope they are well received.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment