Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tarrrrrrrrrrrrred

There were good times.  Summer evening when the whole neighborhood played together. We used to have rousing games of Red Rover and Red Light, Green Light.  And we used to do this silly elephant walk thing, all in a line. And Hide and Go Seek.  In the winter we played Hide and Go Seek in the house, and frustrated Mom- we were rather messy.  We also used to play "Doctor" but in our house, because we had the most beds, everyone was a patient taking the odd things we found to use as medicine.

I remember reading a book, there was the name Marcy in the title, out loud to just you.

But I think remembering the sweet little time means you also have to remember the evil, dark, painful times.

Today was sweet.  There was a birthday party for my grandson.  It was relaxed and noisy and kid-friendly.  Most people made it despite the icy muck, muddy flooding/freezing we were faced with.  Spring really is on a pace of its own this year!

This weekend was very social, but I am exhausted.  It seems to be all or none in my life - no balance.  While I was kneading bread, I was thinking about the whole God thing. I got home and was so exhausted, I couldn't think straight. I find the same is true today.

So I will close with - trust that still, small voice. You know it speaks the truth.

I love you,

I'll be back when I am more rested.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment