Monday, October 7, 2013

rather uneventful day...

Clare,
I had a quiet day, rather uneventful.
I gave a pop-quiz in class today for bonus points...it is amazing how freaked out students become even when the results can only help them. I really have to teach them to put concepts together. They are so used to regurgitating memorized material. I asked them to explain why we sweat more after we finish exercising than we do during...they had to consider 3 organ systems and put together a simple answer...and no one got it. I think I am going to spend the final few weeks just going over medical cases to let them learn how inter-related the body systems are. Those who got to class late were angry that they missed the opportunity for points...but they are getting very lax about attending lecture, I hope this encourages them to come.

I worked on my research paper, revising with my mentor/partner. I am amazed how much of the information I've learned in my class has helped me through this revision.

Not much else to report...the dog is back to normal. I am tapering her phenobarb after consultation with a friend who is a vet. It's nice to have her back again.

I will check in tomorrow...
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment