Saturday, October 26, 2013

Our inner toddlers

Ok, I understand.  I think that when I am pregnant, I am integrated.  I am in my body and aware of it.  I feel like I am of the Earth.  Right now I don't.  I'm so busy and tired, I forget I am a body...Last weekend, I basically forgot to drink anything,.  I had a splitting headache by Sunday night and had to sit down and analyze.  I keep hydrated by habit, not by paying attention to my body.  My work-day habits are pretty healthy...Something else to work on, I suppose.  Asking myself if I am thirsty, since I don't seem to notice any of my cues....kind of like having an inner toddler.  Hmmmmm, I wonder if that's an effective approach??

Hugs to your husband.  What a warm, supportive, aware thing to say.

Not much new here.  I have been working a lot, and so no time to think or for breakthroughs.  Emily is adjusting well.  She is bonding.  When I opened the bathroom door this morning, after bathing, she was calmly sitting outside waiting for me.

This is the beginning of another long day.  I hope I will have time this evening to check in and maybe even be inspired or inspirational.  Or maybe I'll just be tired!

As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.   - Mary Anne Radmacher

Looking at this quote again, and realizing it works the other way too -

As we work to create Light for ourselves, we naturally Light the way for others.

On to my Saturday!  A dirty kitchen awaits!

Love you,  Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment