Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Singing comes from a different place

I have had a day of constant running. I made 6 trips within the county today...I am tired of moving.

The question about singing...I almost asked her the same question when she was working in that area. There are times when I can go outside of myself and really sing...it's like channeling. There are also times when I try to over think a song and I can literally feel my throat close. On the day that I was meeting with the guitarist for As A Mother I drove to the studio and could feel my throat closing as I drove. By the time I arrived I could not sing...I had to help him play the track as best I could and then return a few weeks later to sing to those tracks. That has happened to me several other times...which becomes an issue when it's a live performance. I think that, when I am really singing, I am doing so from a very different place than simply my diaphragm, lungs and vocal chords. I have had mystical experiences while singing...and once was told by a woman who was listening quite intently that the Holy Spirit was working through my song. This will sound strange, but I step aside and let my voice just sing. Interestingly enough I am much better at other people's songs than my own originals. I believe that is because I am too connected to my own work.

I am feeling clearer today. I am tired, but energized. I really have felt much less distracted than usual. I don't think that I had trouble finding my words today- just not able to find the word that I want- which I do when I am overly busy.

I had an incredible nausea last evening, as I have for many nights recently. Last night's was even more intense than usual. I laid down around 10 and felt some relief, but not much. I started to tell husband about my experiences and as I did the nausea was relieved. In the past, and last night, I was afraid to tell him my "less than ordinary" experiences. I was certain he would disapprove of non-traditional methods. Well, last night I decided to speak my truth and tell the story. It was great. We talked for about an hour about the insights and things we'd read or we believe about this life and the after-life. It was one of the best discussions we have ever had. And by the end the nausea was gone.

The transition is happening. Daughter #2 was over an hour of transitional labor...I hope this is not as prolonged in the scope of life.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment