Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wild Thing

I just started reading The Elegant Gathering of White Snows by Kris Radish. It is a bit of synchronicity in my life.  It is about a group of women who meet regularly - a support group of sorts.  One night they start to walk,  It turns into a pilgrimage.  They begin to rip their hearts open for the others to see.  They begin to affect and inspire the women around them.

One of the first stories is about a character being raped in her late teens.  She doesn't talk about it.  She feels bad and dirty.  The writer nails it and it hit me hard.

I think this is a story of women finding their wild selves.  Perhaps I have been led to this book to help me solve the riddle or maybe find the definition of wild.  I talked to someone about that today.  I tried to explain that at parties I am the one sitting quietly talking with one or two others.  I am not the wild one dancing on the piano. 

Still trying to define wild.  I know wild has to do with my penchant for wandering barefoot in the forest.  But I can't find a definition that fits.  I will keep trying.

I walked to the store this afternoon.  My body is changing.  I am walking with more strength and flexibility.  The word that came to me was:  metamorphosis.  When I talked to my son earlier this week he talked about the amount of respect he has for me.  He said I wasn't perfect, but no one was, and my mistakes, my bad moments are far outweighed by my good ones.  I may be beginning to believe him.  I may be beginning to believe them.  It is painful to accept though...aren't I screwed up?????

I'm going to trust that you are incredibly busy.

Love to you Maggie! 

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment