Thursday, September 27, 2012

Momentary Lament

I walked to the library today.  It was gorgeous and walking always frees my mind.  I found a milk snake on the road, and I encouraged it to get off to the side.  It didn't seem to welcome the savior-me.  Checked on it on the way home, and it was not road kill.  It was gone and I was grateful.

Had a strange chain of thoughts.  Thinking about a peer, exactly my age, with an equal number of kids.  We are equally talented, equally intelligent, equally beautiful.  She seems more stable and is definitely happier.  The only difference that came to me is that she came from a very supportive, loving home.

I wonder how long it takes to overcome that lack springing from our early youth.  Do we ever catch up with our healthier peers?

Pensively,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment