Monday, September 24, 2012

we have nothing to fear, but fear itself

Clare,

I missed you 8 years ago. B#4 and I would have honestly driven up and picked you up that evening.

I am taken back by looking at fear in our own eyes...
I don't know how to answer that one.

There are so many things that I see when I look into my own eyes...
I don't want fear to be one of them.
I see hope...
potential...
light...
love...
energy...

I think that if fear is there I am subconsciously blocking it from my view.
It pops up when certain triggers occur...
I think that's understandable...
I am trying not to allow fear to make me go into automatic reaction mode...
protect your self at all costs...
even if it means separating vital parts of yourself away from the outward persona.
I did that for far too long.
But I feel as if what you said has a sense of guidance to it.
Perhaps I should be looking at the fear...or fears...inside of myself.
Maybe I should redraw that fear picture and see if it's changed.
Perhaps, now that I have thought about the fears of being trapped and physically restrained by unknown entities and being abandoned and helpless, perhaps I can look deeper.
Perhaps the external sources of fear aren't my deepest fears?
Perhaps I fear things that are within me?
That, in itself is a scary prospect.

I will have to ruminate about that more.

The reaching out honestly to others can get messy...
but it is the only way to build genuine connection...
authentic relationship...
devoid of power struggles, and ulterior motives, and parasitic attachments.
It is one of those things that challenges us to be more than we think we are...
to be a better version of ourself.
Me Too is simple, but never easy.

Sorry, time for homework.

I love you,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment