Friday, September 14, 2012

More trinities

So another trinity?
Victim- Rescuer- Perpetrator...
I can see all of these as well...in our family life...and in the life of our nation.
So with victim I am thinking about the words...passive/receptive/vulnerable/power under others
Rescuer...reactive/uncertain intentions/ power over the victim and the perpetrator
Perpetrator...active/malicious/ power over the victim

So nowhere in that scenario is an equal sharing of power...equality...respect...
and yet we do choose to move through this trinity as we live our lives. Why?

Tying that to the chakras (you have a greater understanding of them than I do)
...the lower chakras are about relationship of self to others...
we are obviously not ascending beyond those lower energy levels when we play these roles.
Once again we are stuck...in the swamp with our heavy cloaks clutched tightly to maintain our separateness...to hide what's not good enough.

I loved the expansion of the chakras to include the feet and a connection to the earth and, I imagine, to the universe in the 10 - 12 chakras.

I am beginning to see that we also need to move through a cycle, a trinity of sorts, during a full lifetime:
dependence
independence
interdependence

in the sense of power dynamics that would be:
power under
power over
shared power

In our culture we are raised to be ruggedly independent...wasn't that a Herbert Hoover dictate?
Don't help people too much or they will get weak and needy...
In that quest for rugged independence we have forgotten how to rely upon others...
ask for assistance and help when we need it...
"Lean on me, when you're not strong, I 'll be your strength, I'll help you carry on.
Oh it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on"...

We, as a culture, are missing the next higher step...
connection....
community...
cooperation....
collaboration...
covalently bonding or sharing our electrons with another, who is different, to create a strongly bonded new molecule...new entity.

Isolation is the result of the abuse and traumas we experienced...
but is also part of our learned culture...
in our case...a double whammy...

Our universe and all of its elements are interconnected...interdependent...
all of the processes of life rely upon the unliving elements found in the earth and the atmosphere and the waters...and yet we manipulate...exploit and abuse all of those. Living depends upon nonliving and nonliving depends upon living...the circle of life (thank you Lion King).

I personally isolate myself because I don't want anyone to know how flawed and broken I really am.
I have recently, thanks to you and this work, have been able to see that by isolating I was hurting myself...and those around me...
That's where vulnerability steps up and says...Me Too...
not displaying our wounds for pity or special status...
we already know that we are not unique, unfortunately...
but so that Light can be shone on the abuse and in that Light the secrets will lose their power over our thoughts and actions.

Once the perpetrator can ask for help finding  a healthy way to dissipate their feelings of rage and confusion instead of striking out against the victim...and the rescuer has no one to rescue...the victims will no longer be...those people can just living with that open heart chakra...in a vulnerable...trusting...loving way.
Interdependence...
sounds like a noble goal to strive for.

I love you...
Thanks for sharing your friends insights.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment