Sunday, September 30, 2012

Checking in

Clare,
What a great weekend. I am intrigued, what was the reaction of the men when you told them of your journey?

I do understand that we were programmed to feel unworthy, but there are so many who feel they have to project a persona to be accepted, personally, professionally, in almost any realm. What do we humans want to hide...it's like Adam and Eve who his themselves in the garden...I know its allegorical, but it points to a human condition.
Is everyone scarred? Is everyone taught to hide? Do we instinctually know to do this?
How many truly vulnerable people do you know? I can say that, from my experience, there aren't many.
I was reading the Gospel of Phillip last night again...it said that when a life is created with love and intention the life is fully human. Perhaps we need more intentional love.

I had a random thought this week that's stayed with me, so I will share it...
I was thinking about light and how it is so dark in outer space...it is darkness until there is an object to reflect the light back to the eye.
When we talk about shining the Light into our darkest corners what will we see?
I am still trying to figure this out...

We saw daughter #2's play again today. She is really good in this role. The review said that she plays the part with "cool sensuality" and that she "commands the stage and keeps the audience guessing about what she is up to". She's so tired, but she loves acting.

I will check in with you tomorrow,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment