Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I miss your face...

Long, dreary, rainy day here.  But I had a long talk with my oldest son.  I feel so reconnected to him and his wife since I stayed with them.  It is so hard to maintain that level of intimacy and involvement when you can't see each other regularly.  The baby is getting ready to crawl.  I can "see" it because she was so ready, but I also know she has changed.

Yesterday I saw the four others.  My children are so amazing. They are so beautiful!

Thinking about the chasm between us, the family here in one village, and the oldest boy...I love him everyday, I hold him and his family, as I do all of my beloved  young, in the Light each night before I sleep.  But we are still connected differently  because of physical space.  I think about us, you and me and our siblings, and our connection to Mom and Dad.  Is this how it happens?  Lack of daily interaction, a too-busy life and we slip away from each other, leaving large, gaping holes in our hearts and psyches.  But we are too busy to notice...it's one more thing I'll catch up on tomorrow if I can just make it through today.

I miss your face, little sister...C.

No comments:

Post a Comment