Thursday, September 27, 2012

synergism

So Clare, I am wondering if joy and contentment come from connecting with others...
why do we work so hard to keep others at a distance?
You talk about a baby crying, wanting and needing to be attended to...
but when someone pays attention we feel embarrassed, ashamed that we needed someone else...
couldn't handle it on our own...had to ask for help...
its a double edged sword.

It makes me think of Borderline Personality Disorder...
I am not diagnosing, just showing an extreme example...
the borderline pulls people in, very quickly ingratiating themselves to you and insinuating themselves into your 'circle'...once they feel as if they safely 'have' you they begin to tear you apart, emotionally. Then, when you've just about had enough, they go back to building you back up...just to once again tear you down...they have been seriously hurt as children and cannot allow themselves to trust or expect someone to love them.

The child inside of us is crying for attention...for our needs to be met...
but terrified of having another human see us in our vulnerability.

Let's go back to the concept of Covalence-
two or more atoms...each needing the other's electrons to achieve stability...
and by sharing the electrons a different molecule is created....different than the atoms that are the components.
By looking for others who have strengths where we are weak and weakness where we are strong and joining them in friendship, and mutual support we can create something that is better than the sum of the parts...
synergism at its best.
So, to answer your rhetorical question; I believe that we have the ability to catch up to our healthier peers...if we reach out and connect to others...in community.

I feel as if my progress on this journey has significantly slowed down...
I feel as if I am resting, gaining strength for the next leg of the journey...
I need to go deeply into my heart chakra and see what my needs are...
try to find my way through this block.
Keep pulling me forward.
I am afraid that I am distracted by my studies and schedule...
I will have to try to balance all of this...
balance...
that's a good goal.

Love,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment