Sunday, September 9, 2012

"helping one another up with a tender hand"

Fear is the root of evil...
Fear paralyzes us...
makes us unable to be truly alive...
I believe that I have said this before...'evil' is 'live' spelled backwards...
fear does not allow us to live...am I making sense?

I do see that the only way to build a real marriage was to destroy the one that I was in.
I was afraid to face the root of my unhappiness, satisfied to find fault in my marriage instead.
I remember meditating and over several weeks period I had a repeating message...
"the issues you need to deal with can be accessed within your marriage".

I fought that...
I didn't want that to be true...
I wanted a clean break and a new and fresh start...
I came to realize that by fully leaving the marriage I would only postpone the inevitable work that had to be done.
I have made a promise to myself that this is my last incarnation...
I feel as if I am finished with this "playing field".
I think that sounds presumptuous...but I make choices from that perspective...
not trying to be perfect...
or a saint...
but I am trying to consciously make choices from good intentions.

Our spirits were broken as children...
we were easier to use and maipulate if we were not intact and healthy...
but the pieces have not been lost...
the frozen baby, covered in yuck, means that those pieces are still inside of you...
the fear that it seems that you need to conquer is in the reanimation of that figure.
My wise friend tells me that if I play and laugh I will draw those frozen, forgotten parts of my psyche back into integrated life.
So play...sing...dance...laugh...and cry...
be as a child...
vulnerable and open to receive the frozen pieces of your soul.

We are spiraling...and I love the subtleties of growth and the deepening of understanding that is happening.
We are growing.
Your little match girl isn't going to have to waste all of her matches in fantasy...
Life is starting to creep in...spring is coming after a very, very long winter.

I had opening exercises this morning in Meeting and spoke of community...
I shared this short piece by Isaac Pennington

Our life is love, and peace, and tenderness;
And bearing with one another,
And forgiving one another,
And laying not accusations one against another;
But praying for one another,
And helping one another up with a tender hand.
Letters, 1667

I think its beautiful and the sentiment is the gift that I extend to you, my sister...
Love and Blessings,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment