Thursday, September 24, 2015

orphan

Clare,

Another long day…
but it was rewarding.
I had many interesting discussions with women today…
the vast majority of my clients are women…
I wonder why men don't ask for counseling?
Those that start are surprised how much they get out of it…
one of my client's wives is jealous because he talks more to the therapist than to her.

Today I had multiple women…
all with a history of sexual abuse and mothers who did not believe them.
It is heart breaking to see middle aged women still trying to come to terms with the fact that their parents (particularly Mom) don't believe them and failed to protect them. One still lives in the home with one of her perpetrators despite being in her mild-30s. She's stuck in the swamp and cannot imagine life outside of that discomfort.
I feel like I should build a home for women who've been hurt this badly…
but then again they have to make their own escape for it to build self-confidence and self-worth.
Many of them are mothers who are failing as well…
but don't recognize the damage they are doing to their children by their lack of health and self worth.
It's a vicious cycle.
I try to point out to them the freedom of being the "black sheep"…
it's the same as the orphan archetype…
if you are not part of the family then you are free to discard the garbage they try to teach you.
You don't have to carry on their ways, beliefs, practices…
you are free to find your own truth.

Anyway…that's what I've found from being an orphan child.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment