Wednesday, September 23, 2015

lessons

Clare,

Sorry for not getting here yesterday. Tuesdays are long for me. I counsel until 4:30 and then go home to clean up the house from the dogs all day and then go to a yoga class until 8:30. It's a good day, but long.

I appreciate your answers, but you don't owe explanations. I am thinking onto this page. I guess my intention is to stimulate reflection. It is not about making you explain. I hope it does that for you.

I have been asked to speak at a Breast Cancer Awareness dinner next month. They want a survivor's perspective. They've also asked husband to speak. I hope he is technical and more personal about his story. I think I'm going to either approach it as cancer as a process; or perhaps the lessons of cancer. I'm still learning the lessons, struggling with body image, maintaining the same intense level of intimacy that being in the "thick" of cancer demands.

I've got to run my youngest to school. I'll try to stop back later today.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment