Sunday, September 27, 2015

eclipse

Hi Maggie,

I hope dinner is warm and funny.  Our next family gathering will be in one week.  It will be my third's birthday...he will be 31.  Can you imagine?  Seems like just yesterday that you delivered him!  We decided to have German potluck.  It's a first.  We'll see how it goes.

As far as connecting...I was thinking that Dad and S#4 both have birthdays in October.  Maybe I will send them each a card, write a note.  I have fallen into popping out an email on birthdays.  Of course, if I do send cards, then I will feel guilty if I don't send all our sibs a card...We'll see how organized I can be.

Thanks for your observations about S#4.  I always assume separations are my fault. I feel like I drop the ball with everybody. But sometimes, they don't even notice.  So I suppose I can let go of that little bit of guilt!

I am in love with the lake. It feels so maternal...

I do think S#3 will end up here.  We have talked about the idea of home in the past.  I never felt like I was home before I found this lake.  This feels like home to me.  She says she still has no idea what that feels like.  I think maybe what we have been doing is developing extended family.  Her grandchildren and mine are developing ongoing relationships.They know each other, they like each other.  Occasionally we have cultural clashes, but mostly we function like - extended family!

I know her grandson would like to live here.  And last weekend, her daughter said the same thing. So we'll see how life unfolds, and who gets delivered here by the universe, and how.

Sometimes I think with modern civilization and technology, we don't go out, we don't know where we live. We are not even aware of the Earth, much less where we are rooted.  I don't think there are a lot of people who feel at home.

I remember refusing to come home for Thanksgiving one year, because Dad was so rude to my boyfriend. I remember S#5 didn't come home for some family event, even though, if memory serves, she could have.  It's part of being that age.  It's how we break away from our family, so we can come back as something different.  There was also a level of - I'll show you...You can't tell me what to do...in my psyche. He's taking his own power.

So, the rest of you have to have fun without him and be welcoming when he shows up.

But you already know that!

Tonight is the eclipse. I wonder what will happen next.  I hope it's a beautiful surprise!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment