Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Flowers in my face

Hey Maggie,

How's life today?

I've been trying to access my inner swamp, to explore my inner condition. But I can't find it.  Maybe I'm so in it, I can't see it.  Or perhaps I am so far away...or else my back is turned...

But I've been thinking about it, a lot.  I think I was inspired by the poem I shared, considering it may be pools rather than a soul-sucking quick-sand laden swamp.

I have been watching my herbs and flowers.  No surprise there, I guess.  Some are really drawing my attention. I have lavender colored zinnia at my back door that are at face level.  I have never had zinnias this tall before. I don't think I have ever seen zinnias this tall before.  I greet them every time I leave, every time I return. In flower essences, zinnias are recognized as holding the essence of child-like joy and playfulness.

My tansy is also face high, as is my monarda.  The invasive Canada thistle is also towering above my head. Thistle is about being trapped/feeling trapped.

They are all trying to get my attention but so far I have been too dense to get it, to let the messages in.

But what I was thinking is that this year has been different.  After having one of the snowiest, coldest winters ever, we had a long, cool summer.  It was rarely out of the 70s, and it rained every two to three days from May through July.  It didn't stop raining until I left.  I heard, when I got home, it had only rained twice in the three weeks I was gone.  I was a bit offended.

It has been a pain to mow, because everything is wet and swampy.

This year has been swampy.

And the flowers are big and in my face.  It just seems there must be a message for me.  But I'm not getting it...yet.

Hope all is well with you...Missing you!!

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment