Friday, September 4, 2015

Guilty...

Clare,

I am alone in my house…
just me and the animals.
It is so quiet and peaceful. I worked all morning doing projects and cleaning…
my reward is quiet.
Savoring it.

Tonight is my youngest's first football game…
I am torn.
Part of me is grateful for the social distraction and exercise that it offers…
but I hate the hitting, tackling…
the potential injuries.
The interesting thing is that he leaves practice happy and smiling…
the physical contact balances him.
He eats healthier, sleeps better, is easier to get along with when he's playing football.
He has had previous warrior lifetimes…
this is his expression of that memory, I guess.

I am guilty of senseless consumerism in many ways. There are companies I boycott…
like Nestle, because it is convenient and easy for me.
I only buy fair trade, organic, nonGMO coffee when I'm out.
But, I do have a cell phone…
and I don't allow myself to think of the ripples.
Time to rethink…

So, my dog came home yesterday…
two days at the hospital.
She is much improved…
but not healed.
She is still fatigued, easily winded, not eating well- unless it's hamburger and rice.
But she is back at the house and the rest will take care of itself. Iw ill try the nettle, I think I have the tea bags here.
I agree that my animals have made me a better human. I often say that I trust animals before people almost universally. I can read their intention. Humans are better able to disguise their intent.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment