Wednesday, September 23, 2015

growth

Clare,

I just got back from a lunch with a good F/friend. She is amazing to talk with. We ended our discussion talking about marriage. She spoke to me many times when I was separated. She shared that she and her husband divorced and then remarried after some therapy for each. That gave me the courage to give my marriage another chance.
We talked about the challenges of marriage…
We asked,"Would you marry the same man if you had the chance now?"
Neither of us is certain we would choose them as they are now…
Love is present…
but the level of growth between each partner has left gaps…
if that makes sense.
Those initial similarities, mutual interests, wouldn't be there to attract us.

My reiki friend often said that she had to keep her husband energetically close to her personal level to maintain their compatibility.
He died about 6  months ago…
after a many year illness...
she recently started dating.
The new man is a energetic novice…
that must be confusing.

I guess true, long term relationship is about similar but not exactly the same growth…
being flexible enough to give space to allow for the differences that develop…
respecting those differences…
and choosing to stay every single day.
It was an interesting discussion.

Any way, I'm off to pick up my youngest from practice.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment