Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Lessons to be learned

Clare,

I do believe that there are still lessons to be learned at Anasazi.
As I was speaking with the school officials the word Anasazi came to the front of my mind.
Taking my son there was the next step in this journey.
I've been trying to figure out what his seeds of greatness are- we will be asked to identify these this week.
I've also been trying got discern the underlying issues that are taking us to Arizona.
Is it the defiance? Is it his lack of connection with us? Is it his temper and lack of control when that's stimulated? The lack of respect for fellow humans? The drug use is a symptom of underlying issues.
He is so complex…the issues are multifaceted…and the solutions will be also.
I learned so much about myself and my relationships the first round at Anasazi…
I cannot wait to see what I discover this time around.

One issue that is glaring at me is that I've never created an opportunity to have a conversation with Dad. I've wanted to…but have only seen him once since then…and it was in a crowded room.
I feel as if I should at least address some of this before I go back for round 2. Perhaps I will write them a letter…at least start the conversation. Is that cowardly?

I am flying tomorrow. I'll try to check in tomorrow morning, but if I don't post I will be back Sunday.
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment