Saturday, October 11, 2014

rote life

Hi Maggie,

Just checking in quick, because I probably won't have time again until tomorrow evening...

The comment about falling without bruising tied to the dream.  Nothing bad happened.  It made me feel protected.

We went to a wedding last night that didn't seem    very joyful. It just seemed rote. It was like everyone was going through the motions because this is the way it's 'sposed to be.  I thought a lot about weddings and what they mean.  What is actually valid and authentic?  Most of what we do seems to miss the boat.  I was wondering if marriage was truly valid.

I was also wondering what of our lives is simply rote. What do we do because this is the way we do it?  How much is left over and is true?

S#3 called a few hours ago and said she felt herself turning into Dad.  She had been with her grandkids for five days and was losing it. She asked what I was doing and asked if she could please come visit.  I love the fact that she sees my home as sanctuary.  And her company will be nice.

Hope you are hving a sweet weekend...


Love and hugs...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment