Monday, October 20, 2014

considerations

Clare,

My advice is to pluck those hairs out and then you're not old anymore!

The bread, yeast, patience concept is good- even in a older than toddler way. I like working with bread dough. I like the feel of it when it is elastic and just right. I might have to make some just to get a kinesthetic image.

I've been hit with messages about active listening this past week. I think it is a lesson that I need to practice. To just open myself to another's ideas, hopes, dreams, fears…without an agenda of my own. I am trying to invite my youngest to share, through letters. Listening to, or reading, his ideas in that form makes the task easier. I have time to digest it all. I have time to respond rather than react. I have time to get to know his heart. I want to practice this in the office with my clients- a place that I believe I already do strive for this. I want to practice this with family and friends as well. It is in keeping with seeing "that of God in all beings". Every person deserves to be heard.

I'm considering applying for a position as an executive director of a nonprofit. I've been approached by a number of people and each has encouraged me to apply. I plan on exploring the opportunity. It is an hour drive from my home. I also would give up the counseling if I got the position. There are a lot of positives though, like the salary which is much more than I am making right now. We've had a lot of unexpected expenses this past year, it would be good to help contribute towards some of those. I would be a lot more visible (public) than I currently am. Like Brene Brown said, I've been flying "under the radar" and I may lose that. But, on the other hand, I gain a public voice for some of my "passions", like anti-violence. I'm not sure what to do, except to explore and see what my impressions are.

I am so looking forward to this coming weekend. It will be good to be with you and our sisters, nieces, and families.

I love you.
Love and Light to you and yours,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment