Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tuning in

Clare,
So what other I destinations are you going to visit: Ireland, Iraq, Iran, Istanbul? It might be fun to see how far you can go.

I've had a weekend of not feeling well. I don't think I've ever had an earache before, but Friday evening I developed one and it is still here. It's not as painful as it is pressure- sensation, but every once in a while it really hurts. Now I understand all of that crying when my kids were little. I can pop it at times which sounds terrible- a high pitched squeaky noise in my head- but the relief is very limited.

We went to a Jazz concert on Friday evening, A french-american woman who sang like Billy Holiday. It was really wonderful. SHe did not have much of a stage presence, but her voice was magnifique.

I have been working overtime on this costuming project. I have all of the pieces done for 4 of the 5 female leads. The final one's skirt is finished, but he (he's cross-dressing) had bariatric surgery, so I am giving him a week or so more to lose weight. I had the fun of trying some of the pieces on S#3 last week…she's a good sport…they actually worked really well.

I am looking forward to a crazy, crazy month. I have work, in addition to the usual responsibilities I have an advocacy day in Harrisburg this week. Next week I have 2 evening presentations for my SW job and then another evening presentation the following week. It is crunch time for my class- an exam this week and then 3 weeks until the final. I still have aprons to make for all 5 actresses. And 2 actors need outfits- they haven't been cast yet, so I have no idea what size to make. I have to plan an Earth Day display. The counseling is going really well, but I am getting busier each week.

The past 2 weeks counseling has been really amazing. I find myself with insights that really help the clients. I think that something is guiding me. I listen and then something from my past lessons comes up…I get to share these hard-earned lessons. For example, I have a young woman- terrible childhood, Mom with mental illness, Dad remarried and step-mother hated her. She left home at 10 to live with grandma- that was better, but Grandma didn't give up her schedule to accommodate this woman. She left home at 17 to marry a man she met on the internet- abusive relationship after abusive relationship has brought her to 7 kids by multiple men, no education (left school in 8th grade). She broke down this week and cried that she has wasted her life, that she has nothing. All she wants to do is to return home, to the mid-west. I thought of the Wizard of Oz- my favorite movie. She said she loved that movie. I told her that she was Dorothy, setting out on the yellow brick road…she's got a lot of trials and triumphs ahead of her…but eventually she will come to see that everything she really needs is already inside of her. It felt as if we really connected over that. It felt right and she "got it".

Other things, like that have happened…it amazes me when the right words are there for them. I know it's bigger than me…I'm not directing this…I feel as if I am a channel for the words. I think I am where I am supposed to be. So, despite my distracted state, or over burdened state- I am "tuning in" at times.

I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. I am looking forward to the week ahead. I have a reiki appointment tomorrow- that's always interesting.

Until tomorrow,
Love and Light,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment