Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Nice work!

I saw your son's photo. Nice work!

And nice work taking him to the Reiki healer.  That is part of my general advice...go get help. Therapy, 12 Steps, Reiki - it doesn't matter.  Just start somewhere and see what opens next.  Then trust that step.

I haven't been sleeping.  I am blaming it on the eclipse.  I am blaming everything on the eclipse!  But my neighbor called with a long list of problems, and I have seen relationship disruptions...

I don't know...

Still reading the ACoA book.  It goes into a nice explanation of the ways our bodies and genetics change as we experience trauma.  So when you ask about your children's inability to trust, I suppose it's like asking which came first - the chicken or the egg.  And I am beginning to think it doesn't matter.  Too much analysis slows us down.  My opinion will probably change tomorrow!  The big fat elephant in the room is how do we learn to trust. Because if our lack of trust shows up in our offspring, then so will our learning to trust.

Right?

It just seems positive changes should flow through the family as readily as negative, destructive ones.

Or is this like dieting...you eat healthy and feel better, but one taste of chocolate and all the good is shot to hell.  Why is healthy so hard and unhealthy so easy to fall into.  It has something to do with the pleasure of addiction, of addictive substances.  They draw us in so quickly...Is this real?  Is this natural?

I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure if I am making sense,  because I am so tired.

Glad things are evening out at your house.

Sending love,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment