Thursday, April 3, 2014

Middle-night Musings

I'm back...I had some crazy dreams, and wanted to share.

I had lots of crazy dreams, all jumbled together.  Bits and pieces stayed with me.  I wanted to record them here, partly for posterity, partly for any insight you may have.  I dreamed someone I knew was moving to the west coast.  I had three rides lined up for visiting my west coast kids.  I was so happy.

Then I dreamed I was sitting at a table, maybe in a cafeteria, with another woman, maybe my oldest daughter or maybe her best friend.  Someone, a nun I think, was coming and talking to people at each table. When she stopped at our table, she talked for a few minutes and left.  There were some papers left behind.  I picked them up and realized it was my permanent record.  Remember the threats in school?  That's going on your permanent record!  I wanted to call her and give it back, but the person I was with took it and hid it, then gave it back to me later.  I realized it was mine, and no one else should have it.

I opened it up and saw my childhood handwriting - like from when I was about 9.  I had captioned a lot of photos of Grammy. She must have been in her late 30's, and she was smiling.  I also started reading some of the private notes teachers had written about me. I can't remember them now, though.

But then, as usual lately, I was awake in the middle of the night.  I read something yesterday that said all of the wildlife, notably the bison, are fleeing from Yellowstone Park. I was thinking about animals and instinct.  I was thinking about cows - they used to be wild.  But now they are trapped out of the sunlight, ankle deep in their own shit, fed ground stuff which includes cow products - forced cannibalism - and antibiotics. If they were released, they would be confused. They would not know how to flee the way the bison do.

Then I stopped and the thought came - Oh, that's us.  We are trapped, fed processed crap, and we don't recognize how to escape.  We have been dulled...

Aren't I a breath of fresh air tonight??

Hope all is well with you and your family. Sending love to all.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment