Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Herpes Oticus…grounded

Clare,

Ok the stress has caught up with me…
I developed blisters inside my mouth today, only on the left side…
that, in addition to the ringing in my ears for the past 5 days has earned me a diagnosis of
Herpes Oticus…
aka Ramsey Hunt Syndrome.
It also earned me 9 days of steroids and a week of an anti-viral.
I have to be compliant or I might end up with deafness or facial paralysis…
sounds lovely, doesn't it?
I already have mild hearing loss in the left ear from this…hopefully it will come back.

Stress sucks…and I must be internalizing it.
I need to exercise more…
meditate more…
give myself a break.

So, I was standing in the pharmacy waiting for my meds and one of my youngest's friends' moms was there. She mentioned it was so nice seeing son#2 on Saturday night.
The interesting thing is that he was grounded on Saturday night…
asleep in bed…
so we thought…
that was the night his brother was caught smoking in his room.
It's laughable…
and yet it isn't.

I am not sure what to do…
Keep 'em alive 'til 25!

Anyway, I missed my lecture tonight…
my "me too" lecture.
I was giving part of a talk about child abuse…
self-esteem and cycles of abuse…
I was going to talk about the need to break the silence…
step up, say "me too", and reclaim your power…
but that will have to wait.
Obviously the universe has a different plan.

I just wish I could figure it out.

Oh well, forced time at home…
a good alternative…
I'm grounded.

Love and Light.
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment