Monday, April 14, 2014

peace within the chaos

Clare,
I am having a quiet day…but a hectic week.
Thank goodness I am Quaker and I don't have to do much for Easter- we've gone to a communal basket at this point.

I am giving a lecture Wednesday at Elizabethtown College and Thursday at Alvernia College…
Daughter #2 is in a play this week so that will be my Friday evening...
so I will be running around a lot this week.

I took my older son to the reiki healer today…
he is very enthusiastic about it…
he likes her a lot and she gave him some valuable insights about himself.
I stayed outside, but he was sharing the experience all the way home.
I hope this helps…I trust that it will.

Two of my children have now been told that they lack genuine trust in others…
I taught them that lesson too well I guess.
We talked about that on our drive home as well.
I apologized for making him afraid to let others close…
because I was terrified that someone would hurt my children I taught them to not trust others.
Somehow I wonder if nature or nurture is at play…
are they genetically programmed, by my experiences, or did they learn mistrust from watching me work through life?

My son keeps coming down talking about how much clearer his thinking is after the reiki…
he wants to go back…soon.
Yes!

I will check in tomorrow. Take it easy in the snow/ice balls.
Love and Light.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment