Wednesday, April 2, 2014

homeostasis

Clare,

I woke yesterday to my son asking for help, another day with the stomach virus…
I gathered the necessary items, made him comfortable and cleaned up the aftermath of the previous night…and then he asked me to sing to him…
he asked to be comforted in a way that we hadn't done for a very long time…
it was really magical.
I am grateful for these little opportunities…
and hope that I don't overlook them because they are inconvenient for me.

I think we are going to have to be very adaptable…
and smart…
in order to ride this storm.
There will be many, who have abundant resources who will not have the common-sense, survival smarts… but I would expect that those closest to the land will do the best. The indigenous people who have not lost connection…those who are open enough to learn from the earth…they are the survivors…the rest of us will sink in our Subaru.

The earth is purging…
it is overworked and overloaded…
and overtaxed…
and exploited…
out of balance.
It needs to regain homeostasis.
That perfect, dynamos, give and take kind of balance that supports life and health.
Humans are working so hard against the balance…at least most of us are.
It is a losing proposition…because the earth is a larger force and we are mortal.

I am on the road all day today. I will see S#3 later today- which is always a blessing.
Have a wonderful day.
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment