Thursday, April 24, 2014

reclaiming my life

You are right…
I have made choices.
I anticipated a positive genetic mutation…
my thoughts were that I would increase my preventive health measures…
and I did have the mammogram…I do every year.

Now I have more choices to make.
I am seeing a genetic counselor on 5/13 to hear what the statistics would tell me to do.
I will take that information and make some decisions.
I will consider the options and make decisions.
I take back my power.
Yesterday I was shaky…
today I am more settled…more focused…more me.

It is a time of opportunity for me.
I will recognize that and appreciate that.

I spent my day running from one thing to the next.
Not really appreciating the day…until I turned a corner in a small town on the way to my lecture and saw a beautiful spring garden. It was stunning. I opened the sunroof on my car, turned on the radio and sang a bit. It was good.

Blessings until tomorrow,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment