Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sweet rolls…my holiday tradition

I am trying hard to take care of myself…
but in usual fashion I am helping others to make myself feel better.
I have cooked 2 meals for friends who are having health problems…
and I am unable to eat much at all…
it is OK…
I have plenty stored at my mid-section for just such a crisis…
but it is ironic.

I am feeling better this morning.
I have less pain, less ringing, less dizziness.
So, I am healing.

I worry that I am infectious…
or, even worse, offensive to others.
I worry that my mouth smells of decay because the membranes are ulcerated and sore.
I asked husband…
he assured me that it was not so…
but he has very poor sense of smell, so he can't be trusted.

My girls will be home today.
We will all have a bit of time together.
I just pray it is peaceful.

I am about to make the sweet rolls…
mom's recipe…
a tradition on Christmas and Easter in our house.
It isn't a holiday without those.
I think back to how much I enjoyed those when I was growing up.
I associate them with special times…
and gorging myself…
we probably didn't get more than 2 rolls a piece because there were so many of us…
but I remember being filled with them.
They make me feel the love that I wish I had on a daily basis.
so love equals a belly full of sugar and dough.

What do they bring back for you?

The swamp has become our fertile field…
finding ourselves…
and our children…
and hopefully our siblings…
and ancestors.
It was scary at the beginning…
but now seems as if it is home.
The alligator protecting us in there…
even if we don't see her.
Maybe she's making us some sweet rolls in the swamp.

Love and Light,
Maggie





No comments:

Post a Comment