Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tea?

Hi...

Writing down my negative self-talk would be a good exercise.  I could add two more columns.  One would be what others say.  But the last would be the negative things I say about anyone else in the whole world.  I am invariably kind, and I have learned to be kind with my words.  Although sarcasm does escape my lips on occasion.

I am looking forward to singing.  I want to sing in the car, and sing on the beach.  Sometimes I just want to serenade the world.

I talked to S#3.  I think she is going to bring grandchildren here for Valentine's Day weekend.  Would you care to join us?  I am thinking it might be fun to have a formal tea party, and get all the kids dressed up.  We'll bake cookies and make finger sandwiches earlier in the day.

My daughter-in-law shared a beautiful article with a list of questions we should ask each other every day. It took a little ingenuity, but I found them.  (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glennon-melton/the-questions-that-will-save-your-relationships_b_4618254.html)


When did you feel loved today?
When did you feel lonely?
What did I do today that made you feel appreciated?
What did I say that made you feel unnoticed?
What can I do to help you right now?

I have been thinking about them ever since I read them.  And so I post them for you.

I felt loved today when, after babysitting her last night, and making her cry by not being her Mama, my granddaughter put her arms out for me this morning.  I felt loved when a colleague agreed to do my a favor I really needed done.  I felt loved when I saw you had been here.

I can't tell if I feel lonely.  I feel abandoned sometimes, but almost unaware.

The questions are intriguing...

I am going to go make dinner, and set up my new computer and see if I can wrap my brain around touch screen!!

I love you!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment