Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cabin fever is setting in...

Clare,
I texted S#3 this morning, just to check in…
she made no mention of the move.
I am worried as well…
I don't want to pry…but if there is anything that I can help with, please encourage her to contact me.
I would happily help her.
It is amazing how so many difficult life-events can happen to one person…

I will hold her in the Light.


While reading your thoughts on adoption I stereotypically thought…
women adopt- men discard once it no longer serves…
Goodness, my biases are strong…sorry.

I went to the gynecologist yesterday. I asked her about genetic testing…the stander test does not test for the mutation that our cousin has reported. So I have to bring more information to my MD and then hopefully will  be able to have the test run. I am wondering if we should urge Mom to have this test done, because of her history she should have the same mutation if it is a family genetic issue.

Daughter #2 and I did arts and crafts today…making pictures for daughter#1 and the young woman who is supporting her for next week's dance marathon. It was a lot of fun. Son#1 even made his own art piece for his wall. We taped off a canvas and ground up crayons, then laid them into a pattern and melted them under the broiler. It was really fun.

How do I teach my son that rules really do apply? He thinks that as long as he outsmarts the rule keepers (police, school disciplinarian, etc.) they don't apply to him. He is so obnoxious when he gets caught breaking rules as well. I think I've created a "monster"…not really…he has always been very considerate and protective…now he is pubertal and he thinks he's "all that and a bag of chips"!

I am really brain-dead today…I have no ideas to share…I will check back in tomorrow.
Love and Light,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment