Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Heard and Appreciated

Clare,

The first lesson that I have learned as a therapist is to stop negative self-talk.
You are so tough on yourself…for understandable reasons…mostly that you are parroting back all of the garbage that's been heaped on you for 50 some years…but now it is only you saying those things.
Keep a running list of all of the negative thoughts about yourself and all of the negative statements you make about yourself for one week…and then look back on it. You could even make a comparison list of all of the negative things that others say about you during the same time. The exercise might be eye opening.

I am so glad that you and S#3 can join me at the beach…just the 3 of us…what a wonderful treat. Husband wanted to know if I made airline reservations for us…I told him the drive will be half the fun…whatever we do, as long as we are together, will be a chance to talk and connect…it will be great.

I saw the Reiki healer today. It is interesting that she told me that the hip, knee and foot pain is a sign that I am draining all of that negative, male, trauma energy down through my lower chakras and out of my system. She was rather pleased that I am processing it through those lower chakras…ridding the memories of their power. In the past I've always intellectualized all my difficult memories. It was good to hear that I am progressing.

We talked a lot today…she told me that she had a vision of my sons…from a previous life (lives). She said that my youngest has been a warrior many times over. She also said that my sons have been enemies in battle multiple times also. She said things that gave me better insight into their constant fighting…and showed me that part of my purpose is to raise them to respect and hopefully not hurt each other this time around…it was one of those moment when things fit and the Light got brighter.

Today I ran a review session for some of my students. The first test is Thursday. We reviewed the important points, and discussed tangents…it was really nice. Near the end of the time one of them asked about the career of medicine, and another asked if I regretted not practicing medicine. I told them that I still practice in a very different way…therapy is a way of healing deep wounds, many of which drive the behaviors that cause disease in our country. We started talking about birth…and then death. I told them that one of the greatest honors is to be present with someone when they are born and/or die…the veil is never thinner than at those times. I told them about how college and medical school were grace…something I could never have arranged or paid for without divine intervention and that my biggest question when leaving medicine was…am I disappointing God? Which I don't believe to be true at this point…I am doing so much more than I ever did when practicing medicine. It was a nice discussion. I felt heard and appreciated.

Anyway, back to reading the DSM5…
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment