Thursday, February 27, 2014

Another long day

Ahh...the end of another long day.  I'll post, make dinner, then crash!  I thought it was Wednesday, so the fact that it is Thursday is making exhaustion easier to bear!

My young friend lives in another part of the US. She hopes to move back here next year.  I hope she does. The weather is harder to take, but the community is fine!  She made a nice realization about the difference between being the mother and the mommy. She pointed out that some women are good at both, but it's possible to only be good at one.  And she got a mother. She ended by saying she hopes she never lets pride stand between her and her children, between her and being a mommy.

We have another situation here, with another young woman in an abusive situation.  Friends have witnessed the way the boyfriend speaks to her - abusively. Now she has bruises on her arms.  My daughter got in her face and pointed out that it will get worse. And she reminded this friend of how hard it was when she left her abuser and came home pregnant.  But my daughter said that after she walked through the fear and got out, once she believed she was out, suddenly a great weight lifted and she has never felt so high in her life.  But we also reminded this young woman we are always here for her.  Our home is and always will be her home.

My daughter has just begun a new relationship.  I am pleased with her choice. But being in the relationship is bringing back a lot of the pain of the former relationship. For instance, she was wrestling around, playing, with her new companion and he put his hand up. She involuntarily flinched. He was very upset...both because someone had taught her to flinch, and because she would flinch around him. He is also making her aware of her need to apologize about every little thing that might annoy him - like falling asleep. He keeps reassuring her it's okay.  I think this will be very healing for her. She has drawn a good teacher into her life.

I lent my copy of Women Who Run With the Wolves to a friend going through a divorce.  I think she still has it..Thanks for the reminder!

Sometimes I think I have rewritten some of my memories. But I am not sure...I do know I am more aware of what happened than some of our sibs though!

I think the stories you are hearing are more, more, more layers of Me, too!  I think you are hearing them because it is time, and because you have the strength and the wisdom.  I think they will help you integrate on many levels...

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment