Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cliche

I was thinking about the teacher who just died also.  I was in one play, a musical - I was part of the chorus - and I found I really didn't love it.  So I never tried out again.  But I had this teacher for a writing course.  He criticized something I wrote as being cliche.  He went a bit overboard and left me inwardly seething.  I was used to English teachers who loved everything that I did.  The problem, for me, was that he was right.  What I wrote was cliche.  Maybe we need both - the loving support and the in-your-face you can do better.

He was a good teacher though, because he could be with the group, friendly and involved and opened to the students without ever giving up his authority.  He wore it with ease.  (Was that cliche?)

You are going to have to find a way to release your clients.  I would love to hear the evolution!

I have to agree with - the line is drawn at illegal.  Crossing that line invited the authorities into your life.  I think the laws are wrong...but I don't care enough to try to change them.  But for someone who really wants the freedom to make their own decisions, they have to take on this responsibility for changing the law...

I hope your husband doesn't fall back in his pattern of being outside, shut down.  You are going through a hard time.  It is easier to tune it out.  But he'll regret it.

I like considering the fairy tales.  My favorite has always been Beauty and the Beast.  I lived it.  I married an alcoholic and tried to heal him with my love.  I was waiting for the day when he would look at me and thank me and let me know I saved his life, made him a better person.  Yeah, we all know how that turned out...Having more fun with Rapunzel, which was a favorite when I was very young - like 4.  Foreshadowing, perhaps.  Is my life a prewritten drama???

Kids are here, and my little boy will be up early.

Good night.  Dream sweet dreams!

Love from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment