Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Interesting questions

Clare,
Thanks for the invitation, but I have reservations to take my daughter to brunch on that weekend. She is turning 20, and for almost 10 years I have been talking about taking her to brunch at the circular dining room at the Hotel Hershey. Every year we call to make a reservation and they laugh, remind us that it is Valentine's day weekend and put us on a waiting list. Well, this year we booked early enough that we have a brunch date to celebrate her 20th year.

I love the questions…that make me think a lot.
I spent most of today working alone, with intermittent interactions with the boys. It was a quiet, calm day…no fighting (yet). I got my cleaning done in the morning, and as I was settling in for a webinar a friend called me. She is one of daughter#2's favorite high school teachers, an actress and a friend. She is collaborating on a pilot with some former students and asked me to costume the project. I am thrilled that she thinks I am capable of such a task. We are meeting next week to talk about it…I've got research to do before then. It is set in the 1740's…I've never done anything from that time period, but I've been looking and it is a variation on the civil war era costumes I've done before. I am excited.

I guess that made me feel appreciated.

I felt unnoticed as I was scrubbing toilets and shoveling snow today…although in reality I am sure that they really saw me…and chose to pretend not to in order to avoid the work.

The rest of the questions I will have to thin about.

I sat today and thought about all of the changes that are going on inside of me…it's pretty amazing that, after 50 years, I am finally ridding myself of the garbage from the past. So, in my usual fashion, I've decided to tie the shedding of negative energy with the shedding of weight. I am trying to picture that, as I lose pound after pound, I visualize losing negative energy and replacing it with Light. How's that for brainwashing myself?

I have to attend to my young ones. I hope that your touch screen experience is a good one.
I love you,
Maggie

P.S. I have a Karaoke machine…we can take that with us next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment