Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow days

Why was it a privilege to eat from the pie pan? I guess it was because there was a limited number and if you got one you were special. Too bad that was what defined special in our house. I remember getting to choose the dinner menu and control TV watching on your birthday too. Simple pleasures.

I have spent my day cooking, shoveling and researching for a talk and article on the social justice issues involved with climate change. It has me fired up…we are heading, full speed, into mass extinction number 6 and no one wants to talk about it. I guess it's easier to ignore and then claim ignorance when it happens. But, I am going to take the opportunity to bring environmental topics to light…to help make it clearer to others how important this all is.

Anyway…I just had to investigate a leak…water is coming in through a dormer and dripping into the family room. I am sure there is ice backing up under the roof. Sometimes I hate owning a house.

We had a snow day today…have another tomorrow…and President's day on Monday…nothing like a 5 day weekend. I really like winter…I even like shoveling snow…but all of this time off and togetherness is making me a little stressed.

I don't have any great ideas to write about today. I will be back tomorrow…hopefully with my brain engaged. Stay safe in this snow and ice.

Love and Light.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment